Private Counsel’s mentoring services help key professionals and stakeholders achieve greater effectiveness and enjoyment in their personal and professional relationships:
• Vision, Strategy, Problem-Formulation, i.e. “forming the right problem rather than solving the wrong one.”
• Removing Blocks, Obstacles, Self-Sabotage
• Managing Transitions, (e.g. “Second Career,” Succession, Retirement)
• Becoming More Focused and Effective
• Securing Better Opportunities
• Increasing Work-Life Enjoyment and Balance
Private Counsel and “Therapy”
We help people become more effective. Of course, this same goal is central in other fields too, from therapy and psychology, and pastoral counseling, to coaching, educating, career counseling or corporate consulting. However, what separates one field from another is the strategy, method and approach.
With respect to issues of a more personal nature, our approach is goal-oriented and practical. It involves practices for improving one’s awareness or consciousness, all of which are rooted in philosophical, educational, scientific, spiritual and religious traditions. These resources undergird and support a person’s particular religious faith or spiritual orientation. The result is greater wellbeing, enjoyment and effectiveness, and less stress and conflict.
Importantly, our approach to counseling, coaching and mentoring does not involve the application of “psychological” principles, methods and procedures or the teaching of a particular religious tradition. However, when appropriate we recommend clients to psychological professionals and clergy.