Our firm offers the following services (i.e. tactics) to implement our core strategies:
General Advisory Counsel
▪ Capital Resource Strategy and Formation
▪ Strategic Management (Competitive and Market Relationships)
▪ Succession and Continuation
▪ Market Strategy, Positioning, Branding
▪ Identifying, Developing, Negotiating Mergers and Acquisitions
▪ Executive Development
▪ Business General Counsel
▪ Conflict Resolution and Mediation
Specialized Intellectual Asset Management
Intellectual Asset Strategy – Management – Commercialization
(including derivatives, cross-licensing, etc.)
▪ Evaluate risk of infringing other patents (“freedom to operate”) and, if necessary, modify products to avoid potential claims for infringement.
▪ Monitor competitor product or service releases and patent filings to identify potential infringements, trade secret violations, and to determine when a competitor may launch a product in a line that directly competes.
▪ Preemptively design products around competitor rights, identify potential invalidity, improve your own product or market ahead of competitor’s pending launch or release.
▪ Update search and analysis periodically, and near time of product launch to ensure against recent third party and competitor rights.
▪ Perform regular IP audits to identify overlapping and duplicative patent protection, areas for further filings or R&D, potential gaps or weaknesses in the existing scope of patents and commercialization strategies.
In seeking to protect their intellectual assets, many owners and inventors fail to consider the significance of avoiding untimely disclosures and securing proper agreements with interested or involved parties.
▪ Avoid potential risk of loss by carefully considering when and what to disclose in initial applications and potential follow-on filings, as well as in publications, marketing materials and even press releases.
▪ Agreements ought to cover employees, consultants and related associates to avoid claims of ownership, require assignment of inventions, outline terms of non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure, and other important provisions that establish exclusive ownership.
Realizing IP Value
Identify, develop and negotiate strategic acquisitions, ventures and alliances.